Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. ~St. Francis of Assisi



In a social milieu that encourages the expression of a variety of opinions on every question that arises, it is important to recognize dissent for what it is, and not to mistake it for a mature contribution to a balanced and wide-ranging debate. It is the truth revealed through Scripture and Tradition and articulated by the Church’s Magisterium that sets us free. (Pope Benedict XVI)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

With firm resolve I promise to...

+J.M.J+
1. Stop lying. Stop telling lies to everyone – no matter how irrelevant some lies seem. Stop lying to myself especially. Go to confession ASAP and then regularly (monthly) seek reconciliation. Attend Mass as often as possible.


2. Live what I believe and resolve to know God in the way I believe I am to know Him. Pray on my knees every day – a Rosary and Divine Mercy and some personal “chat” with Jesus. "O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you, and for all who do not have recourse to you."

3. Always be prepared to be a refuge for family and neighbors. Accept that my family and I have not done enough for God, family, neighbor, country, and world – IN THAT ORDER.

4. Accept the hard times to come. We all will have to pay for what has been done and will have to do with less. Loss of material things can be a good thing. Always make sure to tithe – God cannot be outdone in charity with those who with free will practice charity in His Holy Name.

5. Count my blessings and always find a blessing in what may first appear to be a curse…

LAUS DEO!

No comments:

Post a Comment