Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. ~St. Francis of Assisi



In a social milieu that encourages the expression of a variety of opinions on every question that arises, it is important to recognize dissent for what it is, and not to mistake it for a mature contribution to a balanced and wide-ranging debate. It is the truth revealed through Scripture and Tradition and articulated by the Church’s Magisterium that sets us free. (Pope Benedict XVI)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mid-November Daybook

November Daybook


Outside my window – the leaves are off the trees, the trampoline is full of children who have decided to sumo-wrestle, apparently. They have even stuffed their jackets with pillows to make themselves “fatter.”

I am listening to – the sounds of the wind dancing around the trunks and bare branches of the trees; a little girl’s giggles

I am wearing – whatever will keep me warm – sweats, sweater, socks, slippers

I am thankful for – everything God has blessed me with! Especially the fact that my voice is back! It is not yet 100%, but it is back after a 5-day hiatus…

I am thinking about – food storage, ‘brown envelope alerts’ (inside joke with a long-distance friend), algebra

I am readingThe Hunger Games (trilogy) – by Suzanne Collins and Sometimes a Light Surprises – by Jamie Langston Turner

From the kitchen – This season’s hosehold job is working on more cooking from scratch and food storage. I just printed out a couple of good basic recipes for tortillas – both wheat and corn.

In the learning house – I have been working a lot with Fratello Maggiore with algebraic concepts. We seem to have to concentrate a lot on distribution and order of operations. (Thank God he is home and not struggling in a classroom.) Fratello Piccolo seems to readily grasp the concepts and is doing pre-algebra in 6th grade.

Living the Liturgical Year – We are gearing up for the start of Advent. I look forward to decorating the house in purple next weekend. I also cannot wait to listen to new LCM CD’s of various topics

We are making – a household binder of homesteading/survival – it is a slow process and it looks as if it will fill up fast. This binder will include lists of supplies for a self-sustaining homestead, etc.

A few plans for the rest of the week – we are so excited to visit a friend of ours tomorrow – we will all learn together how to slaughter lamb and will end up with ½ a lamb for meals!

One of my favorite things – my hands wrapped around a mug of hot cocoa or coffee

My opinions of the news – YIKES! Prepare for the worst, but always hope and pray for the best – as it is His Holy Will.

LAUS DEO!

No comments:

Post a Comment